Learn more on how to purchase your insurance via FOMEMA web portal in a few simple steps.You can choose to purchase insurance only or to purchase medical form and insurance at once.
Purchase insurance only.
Step 1: Go to “Search employer”
Step 2: Enter the employer code
Step 3: Click Search
Step 3: Click show
Step 4 Search foreign worker using passport number /worker code/ country
Step 5: Tick the worker you wish to purchase insurance > Click “Purchase Insurance”. You will be directed to the payment page.
Purchase Medical Form and Insurance at once.
Step 1: Click on “Purchase Medical Form” first and the page will direct you to the payment page.
Step 2: Tick on the checkbox for the worker you wish to purchase insurance and click on “Add-on Insurance”
Step 3: Click “Yes” to proceed
Step 4: Select the insurer name. Two insurer name options available.
- Liberty Insurance Berhad (policy turnaround time 1-3 days from submission of full details).
- QBE Insurance (M) Berhad (policy turnaround time 1-3 days from submission of full details).
- Chubb Insurance Malaysia Berhad (policy turnaround time 1-3 days from submission of full details)
Step 5: Select the insurance products. Three (3) insurance products available.
- Insurance Guarantee only.
- Insurance Guarantee & Foreign Worker Hospitalisation scheme
- Foreign Worker hospitalisation scheme only (Not applicable for maid).
Step 6: Once the insurer name and insurance product has been selected click calculate to check on the insurance premium.
Step 7: The summary of the insurance premium will be shown above and to proceed click “Confirm & Pay”
Step 8: Click “OK” if you agree to the terms and condition.
Step 9: Select your payment method or click here for guide to make payment.
Step 10: After payment is successful, you will be directed to the payment page and the following instruction will be provided for employer to complete the insurance details.
Step 11: A confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address by the insurance company for you to click on the link provided to complete the insurance details.
Step 12: Invoice will be issued by Howden insurance broker
Example of email from Howden
Good news – we have received your payment.
Please find the attached herewith copy of our Invoice and Receipt for the transaction.
In order for us to process your policies, please Click here to update the missing insurance fields. eg: Work Permit Id, Work Permit Expiry, Insured For*.
At the page link you may do any one of the following to update:
1. Click ‘Edit Worker’, to edit the details one by one for each worker, then click ‘update’ to submit ; or
2. Click ‘download’ to download the template in excel file where existing worker’s data will be readily available at the template. Once all information is updated (please make sure all fields are completed, no empty data), click ‘upload’ and ‘update’ to submit.
*Note that for the field ‘Insured For’, the answers should be any one of the following only:
C – Calling Visa Application
P – Renewal of Work Permit (PLKS)
S – Special Application Consented By KKM
We will process your policy immediately upon receiving the complete updated information from you. To avoid delays in the policy issuance, we strongly suggest that you complete updating the information as soon as payments are made.
Once you done update the required information, you may check your policy status from time to time via https://howden-fomema.instapol.my/PremiumCalculation/insuranceStatus.php
If you have any questions at all, we would love to hear from you. You may call or WhatsApp the following number Customer Service Number: +603-7989 0386 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Howden Insurance Brokers Sdn. Bhd. (197801001023)
Malene Insurance Brokers Sdn. Bhd. (198001010734)
Level 27, Menara Etiqa, No. 3, Jalan Bangsar Utama 1, 59000 Kuala Lumpur.
******This is computer generated, no signature is required. ******